You haven’t truly been to Mexico City until you’ve experienced the street food. Here are ten essential and unmissable street food spots in CDMX.
1. Gorditas Zacazonapan (Av. Revolución 749, Nonoalco, 03910 Ciudad de México, CDMX) Freshly made gorditas (deep fried pastry made of corn flour) with chicharron prensado (pressed pork).
2. Tacos al Pastor in front of Red Cross in Polanco, CDMX. My absolutely favourite tacos al pastor, available only for 2-3 hours for lunch.
3. Las Costras del Bandasha (On the road of Bosque de Duraznos under the bridge in Bosques de las Lomas. Open only during the night from Thursday to Saturday from 10 pm to 5 am) Flour tortilla with cheese that is melted until it gets hard with meat inside.
4. Tacos de guisado del Bosque de Tlalpán (In front of the forest of Tlalpán (where people go to run). All kind of different guisados (stews) eaten in a corn tortilla. The best is “costilla de puerco en chile morita”. (pork ribs in chile morita) and “chicharron prensado” (pressed pork).
5. Tacos maribichi ( On the corner of Calle Anatole France and Avenida Presidente Masaryk. Open only at night.) The best is tacos with chicken Milanese, cheese, slowly cooked onions and fried potatoes.
6. Petit Roquefort (Under the bridge of Palmas at the level of Presidente Masaryk and periferico.) Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.
7. Empanaderia -Moto (Mostly on Avenida Nuevo Leon in La Condesa,Mexico city. Just during the nights) Paraguayan style empanadas fried in a “ motocycle truck”. The one with cheese and bacon is a must.
8. Los Especiales tacos de canasta centro historico . These tacos are premade,put in the basket and kept for the steam effect. With beans, potatoes and chicharron prensado. Mostly sold on bikes around the city.
9. La Güera Tortas de Chilaquiles – fried corn tortillas (like nachos) ,green sauce , whipped cream, cheese and onion (In bolillo , Mexican bread with chicken Milanese
10. Villamelon (Plaza de Toros) Tacos Cecina (salted and air dried meat) with chicharron and chorizo.