Bowties with Romanesco
- 1 box Banza Bowties
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 head of Romanesco cauliflower
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp crushed red peppers
- Cook Banza Bowties according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
- Cut Romanesco cauliflower into small florets. Transfer to a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in an even layer. Roast 20 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the sliced shallot, capers, remaining garlic paste, and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, ~ 5 minutes, or until softened. Turn off the heat.
- Add the pasta to the cooked aromatics, along with the roasted cauliflower, butter, lemon zest, the juice of 2 lemon wedges, and half of the reserved pasta cooking water. Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pasta is coated (if necessary, gradually add the remaining pasta cooking water to ensure the pasta is thoroughly coated). Turn off the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.